Finally I’ve been able to spend some time again on my studio console. It has been on hold for a few weeks due to other priorities. Well not entirely on hold, I got the wood for the top and also the rack profiles for the rack on top. I have the rough design in my head on how to take it from here.
Also I got some more hardware I ordered. Arrived has a first power switch for checking out the quality and fit. The power switch looks good, so I can order a second unit.
Not on the picture but arrived as a birthday present a nice led dB level meter. The meter will get a nice place in the rack on top. That way I have a clear view on it.
I went shopping for paint and get advice on how to get the best finish. I decided to stick with white as final color and make it glossy. I know that for the perfect result you see on a lot of furniture these days you need to spray paint it in a special environment. Well that isn’t an option, so I’m going for the second best result. On advice of the shop I’ve bought a special paint that also has a hard pu finish. That should make the top of the desk more scratch resistant and hardwearing.
Unfortunately I also had a small setback. The lights that were glued to the bottom of the racks came loose, all 4 of them. Still need to see why exactly, but I need to use more glue or come up with another solution.
Trackback from your site.