Since the start or my website I’ve been using Joomla as content management system. Especially the first years I’ve had a lot of fun with the system and it served me well. But due to limited time and also a lack of interest I got stuck at version 1.5. Switching to the most recent version wouldn’t be simple anymore, since I missed out on a lot of major updates. The performance of Joomla has always been a week point, although that might have changed while I was missing out on the latest updates.
Not only the Joomla system was outdated, the design could also use fresh and new inspiration.
Since the new template, the website performance had increased already a little bit. However, the server performance was still poor and slowing the website down. Especially when it comes to the generation of the web pages, since actual download speed has always been good with speeds of 5 MB/s. But that has changed and the website performance has had a boost.
Last monday I already wrote about the recent increase of web traffic. Studying the logs I found out that there was a lot of traffic comming from Bee Mp3.