Due to the new website I forgot to post the pictures here. But a few weeks ago my friend and photographer Robert de Greef came by to take high quality pictures of the final result. Especially the lighting comes much more alive with his DSLR compared to my Canon Ixus camera.
It took some time, but I can proudly say: “It is finished!”. It took some time, but here is the final result of my custom build studio console. This week the missing patch cables arrived, so I could hook everything up between my audio interface and the patch panel. Let’s take a look at the final result…
As always with these big projects, you have ten times bigger projects crossing what you though would be you main project and before you know it your last post is over four months old. Well I can tell you that you haven’t missed anything regarding the studio console, since I didn’t had any time for it. Good news is that I did find time to finish it last week and it is now almost finished. I would say 99,9% done! Check out the pictures…
As prove for the Harmonic Mixing Software Test I decided to make a mix based on the key results from the manual analysis. This should reveal any key mistakes when present. Looking at the songs and key the songs are in, there is only one logical song order.
While waiting for some critical parts to arrive there was still one thing I could do. Assemble the D-Size panels, since most of the parts for those did arrive. Since this is going to be a design studio desk, I wanted to make sure I got all the details right. So I bought pre-drilled D-Size panels and Neutrik black connectors. I decided to mount all of them behind the panel, since that looks just a little more neat and you can remove a connector without having to remove the cable from it. And of course you mount them with black bolts… right?
Earlier I wrote about my first impressions of Mixed In Key 5 and the plan for doing a comparison between Mixed In Key 4, Mixed In Key 5 and Rapid Evolution 3 Beta 58. I’ve found a number of reviews on Mixed In Key by people, but they just blindly seem to be trusting the software without further verification.
The only blog that ever did a fair test was DJ Techtools back in 2009. The only remark for their test was that they did use a lot of pop music and as a reference used the information from Music Notes.
Although I like the key analysis software, I have the feeling they miss out a lot and should not be blindly trusted. So let’s put it to the test!
A few weeks ago I got an e-mail that Mixed In Key 5 has been released and that I could upgrade. I have been using Mixed In Key 4 actively in the past but wasn’t happy with the results. So I switched to Rapid Evolution 3 (Beta) a while ago which gave me little bit better results and is even free.
Since the upgrade to Mixed In Key 5 was only half the new price and my curiosity was peaking again I decided yesterday to upgrade.